Canva is an online service that provides design tools. You can create, save, share, and download your designs. It is great resource for authors. You don’t have to be a designer to use it. There are built in templates, fonts,and images. Most are free to use. You can purchase images and you can also upgrade to a paid account with additional features available to you.
Growing your email list is a proven way to make book sales, if you do it right. Creating an enticing graphic to attract and get people onto your email list is step one of this process.
This is a short overview to get you started in creating graphics you can use as part of your quest to grow your email list.
- Open your web browser and go to canva.com
- Create a free account (keep track of your username and password)
- Select the book cover design template
- Find a layout that looks close to what you intend for your finished design
- Edit the layout you select for color, fonts, images, shapes, background
- You can upload your own images and use them in your design
- Once you are happy with your choices, you can download the file(s) as jpgs, pngs, or pdfs
- This design will be a visual representation of something you are giving away free to entice people to give you their email address in exchange
Offer something of valuable to the people you feel are your ideal readers. You want to grow your email list and giving something away is a proven way to add new subscribers. These are people you want to get to know, and for them to get to know you.
There are many ways to share your offer with potential subscribers:
- Landing Pages
- Text Links
Turning Content into a Downloadable File
Tomorrow I’ll show you how to turn content into a downloadable gift for your subscribers.
This is an example of an image representing a lead magnet.
Get Your Book Marketing Road Map
Subscribe to get the Book Marketing Road Map and receive our latest tips by email.
She is a partner/founder of Book Marketing Mentor.
Marketing is a conversation. Let's talk! 707.938.2586