Authors: are you ready to be interviewed?
This short video (3 minutes, 35 seconds) is a mini-tutorial that will help get you prepared to tell stories that peak the interest of interviewers and readers.
What is your story?
The three elements of a good story:
- Set the stage
- Introduce tension
- Resolve tension
Play to Your Audience
- How will you peak the interest of your audience?
- What will you say that connects on an emotional level?
- Tell a story about yourself and reveals why you are unique.
- Why did you write your book?
- Ways to Improve your Interview Skills
- Write 3-5 talking points and craft a story that covers them
- Record yourself sharing your story with your smartphone
- Watch your video
- With practice, you can improve your skills.
- Be Prepared with Your Own Set of Questions
Be a Great Guest with Great a Great Story
Make it easy for your host.
Come prepared with your own set of questions. It will give you confidence.
Know what you want to cover.
Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse.
Do you have a funny interview story to share?
Tell us about it in the comment section below.
Get Your Book Marketing Road Map
Subscribe to get the Book Marketing Road Map and receive our latest tips by email.
She is a partner/founder of Book Marketing Mentor.
Marketing is a conversation. Let's talk! 707.938.2586