Burning Questions Answered
A room full of authors seeking knowledge about Building Your Self-Promotion Platform came up with these questions:
Question: What exactly is an RSS feed? Value compared to an email list? Do they work in tandem or discreetly? (apart from one another)?
RSS = Really Simple Sharing or Rich Site Summary
According to Wikipedia:
E-book to Print Book
Question: How do I convert from an e-book to paper that won’t cost a fortune?
There are somethings to know before this gets a definitive answer.
What is an e-book?
Who Owns My Content?
Question: Legal info on my blog (Can I post a story on my blog and still send it off for publication)?
E-mail, Spam, Open Rates
If someone’s email gets sent to spam folder or click to load remote images or my email shows a preview of their email. Is that counted as “opening” their email? (email list provider).
- If an email is opened, it counts.
- “Click to load images” is a safety setting that is set in the recipient’s email program. The recipient chooses if they what to download images. Sometimes malware is triggered by downloading and unless it is an email from a trusted source, the receiver is wise to avoid clicking to download images or risk being hacked or contracting a computer virus. We recommend that if you don’t know and trust the sender, don’t open attachments.
What are your Burning Questions?
She is a partner/founder of Book Marketing Mentor.
Marketing is a conversation. Let's talk! 707.938.2586
Latest posts by Judy Baker (see all)
- Take Action on Your Ideas - September 28, 2017
- Burning Questions and Building Your Self-Promotion Platform - May 10, 2017
- We Did It! - April 4, 2017